The frozen meals business is booming. Through the years, it has steadily elevated in reputation, each as client demand rose and as know-how improved. These days, selecting the freezing technique, after which the precise equipment to handle freezing in your enterprise, is not any straightforward job. With all kinds of approaches, it’s exhausting to maintain observe of what the very best know-how for your enterprise could also be. That’s why this text delves into the intricacies of selecting the best freezing machine for your enterprise, which can enable you resolve.
To start out us off, what freezing applied sciences are there? Whereas fashionable freezing approaches differ individually, three broad classes may be seen:
- High-quality freezing strategies
- Basic freezing strategies
- Chilly storage freezing
Every has its distinctive benefits and drawbacks, and the one most fitted for you’ll closely rely on your enterprise technique and targets. As an illustration, whereas the very best freezing strategies produce the very best outcomes, it’s no secret that they’re barely dearer. In an identical vein, chilly storage is among the most inexpensive freezing approaches and may be nice when beginning, however the high quality of the frozen product is relatively decrease.
Importantly, in comparison with older freezing strategies, new freezing approaches that provide the very best outcome concentrate on one key facet: freezing pace. Whatever the freezing technique, the faster the freezing course of occurs, the higher the recent coloration, texture, odor, and style are preserved. The distinction between the freezing course of lasting for a couple of hours or minutes is evening and day by way of frozen product high quality.
When selecting the best freezer for the job, be sure you consider your buyer. These days, there’s a giant swathe worldwide of well-to-do middle-class households on the lookout for wholesome, handy, but not exceedingly costly vegatables and fruits. Frozen merchandise are uniquely interesting, so long as they’re of top quality, and buyer retailers have famous this.
Excessive-quality freezing strategies
Underneath this class, we are able to differentiate Liquid Nitrogen freezing and IQF Freezers with impingement freezing, amongst others. Right here’s a brief description for every one:
- Liquid Nitrogen freezing—the product is sprayed with or dipped in nitrogen and is then transported on a belt in direction of outfeed. This strategy is ideal for low-capacity traces, and is normally used for high-value merchandise because the operational prices are very excessive. Sadly, that is additionally its downfall, because the nitrogen prices are extraordinarily excessive and problem the profitability of the enterprise.
- With excessive meals security, low dehydration, and minimal upkeep necessities, it’s nonetheless a beautiful alternative for top-of-the-shelf frozen meals manufacturing. Nevertheless, working with liquid nitrogen suppliers is difficult due to minimal consumption necessities and year-long cancellation notices.
- Impingement freezing—the product is transported by way of the Freezer, the place it’s blasted with jets of freezing air from high and under. This can be a extremely environment friendly strategy and preferrred for flat or spherical merchandise. Nevertheless, it really works properly with many meals. The freezing is extraordinarily fast, and dehydration is stored to a minimal, whereas fashionable machine designs permit for quick cleansing strategies. The problem with this technique is low capability, nonetheless the freshly launched Multi-Stage Impingement freezer, which is designed on 3 belt ranges – is efficiently fixing the capability challenge.
- The meals security is medium, apart from our quick-freezing machine, because it makes use of patented bedplate know-how that replaces conveyor belts and provides meals security far past business rules. With dependable service, it’s extremely efficient for merchandise which can be smaller or may be simply separated into smaller items.
- Fluidized IQF tunnel freezing—functioning by creating complicated aerodynamic flows, which may be adjusted on the go, creates optimum freezing circumstances. Fluidized freezing occurs extraordinarily shortly, may be completed in very excessive volumes and is best at preserving the form of the product.
- Excessive capability: to serve for instance, our IQF Freezer can freeze roughly 3 tons of meals in round 8 minutes. The adjustable airflow and air strain makes it simpler to reach at a frozen product in excellent situation, and the low dehydration scores make it higher at remaining worthwhile.
Basic freezing strategies
These strategies have been used reliably for a very long time, and whereas they’re not as excessive efficiency as beforehand mentioned approaches, they supply a strong freezing expertise. Right here, we are able to differentiate between spiral freezing, block and pellet freezing.
- Spiral freezing—makes use of a curved belt contained in the freezer to cross the merchandise by way of and freeze them. Often designed round huge floor merchandise, due to its utilization of conveyor belts, its meals security is medium and there’s some problem in upkeep, which can imply added prices.
- Sure sorts of merchandise, similar to meat, will change into imprinted with the belt’s floor and it performs worse for smaller merchandise.
- Block freezing—merchandise are positioned in cooled metallic packing containers after which frozen. This strategy has no dehydration and minimal upkeep necessities. Nevertheless, it comes at the price of damaging the merchandise’ construction and takes hours to at some point to freeze.
- Pellet freezing—used for sauces. It freezes them utilizing freezing air and speak to with the underside floor the place the sauces are positioned, sawing them off into pellets by the top. It requires excessive upkeep and might course of giant volumes of liquids, however its look is understandably broken by the top.
Chilly storage freezing
One of many oldest tips within the guide, the merchandise are merely left in specifically designed refrigerated chambers. Right here, we are able to differentiate between forced-air chilly storage and tunnel-pushing chilly storage.
- Compelled air—merchandise are positioned in trays and afterward a rotating wheel, the place followers flow into frigid air over them. Arduous to automate and will trigger vital dehydration, with excessive upkeep prices. It additionally has a excessive environmental footprint.
- Tunnel-pushing—trays with the product are pushed by way of chilly storage, usually by a hydraulic cylinder. The slower chilly storage freezing technique is equally exhausting to automate and has excessive upkeep prices.
We suggest Octofrost’s equipment for these left thinking about high-quality frozen product processing. Their IQF freezer costs are inexpensive when contemplating the quick return on funding, and the distinctive bedplate know-how ensures that meals security and upkeep prices won’t ever disappoint. Moreover, the excessive effectivity and saving potentialities could imply more cash saved in the long run, in comparison with different approaches.
Particular person quick-freezing has change into a market staple, and merchandise frozen beneath this strategy have completed properly in international markets. With no sign of ending to high-quality frozen meals consumption, this seems to be a long-term funding value making.